Friday, June 21, 2013

Trending: Sweet Leather

There's something about the juxtaposition of hard and soft that intrigues me.  Earlier this week I wore an outfit consisting of a pale pink lace skirt (vintage shop find) a plain black tank, a rough jean vest and a vintage clock necklace.  Personally, I loved the outfit, and I can't tell you how many compliments I received.  Lately, it's just those kind of hard pieces, paired over (or with) the sweetest items ever, that give an outfit quirk, intrigue, edge and, yes, style.  So, moving from denim to a more upscale way to go punk, I thought I'd share my thoughts on the mixing of leather with girly-er pieces.  The shorts above are ones I absolutely adore.  They mix classy (but tough) leather with a delicate lace pattern.  They're understated enough not to overpower an outfit, but a simple top plus mild (and perhaps vintage) accessories would compliment them perfectly (and not be an understatement in the slightest).  If you're not sure how to style this particular piece exactly right, here's a board to teach you! 
 
XOXO,
Anonymous

P.S. For more boards like this one, check out my Polyvore (@fabfashiondiaries)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment