Monday, July 1, 2013

Wet Hair Days

This morning I had a swim session, which meant I was up at 4:30.  Afterwards, I couldn't go home before my next public appearance, so I was faced with a dilemma.  What do I do with wet hair to still look chic?  I opted for a simple braided bun (should I do a tutorial?), but there were plenty of other wonderful options.  As we head into summer, here are some amazing ideas for what to do with those water-logged locks. 
For this classy up-do, just turn your hair into several chains.  Tutorial here.
I love how slick this half-up half-down look is!  Tutorial here.
 
This look was achieved with gel, but if your hair is already wet, there's no need.  Just grab a brush and a comb and sweep your deeply side-parted hair into a low pony. Tie with a clear elastic and wrap a small chunk of hair around it.  Pin the hair so the elastic is no longer visible.

For an amazing tutorial for textured wet ponies, click here.
For the minimalist, a plain old bun will do the trick!
Even though her hair is dry in all of these pictures, the advice she has to share is one-hundred percent true.  Plus, any of these styles work just as well when wet versus dry. 
Loose braids will be better for wet hair since hair shrinks as it dries.  Make the braids too tight and you might get breakage.  That being said, don't worry about it too much as it's unlikely to happen (chances are soaking wet hair won't even dry completely when in tight styles, even hours later).  However, if you are legitimately concerned, take a tip from Blake Lively and go for a super undone look.  CAUTION: LOOSE PLUS WET GOES MESSY REALLY FAST!

Hope all of these tips have helped you with your wet hair issues.
XOXO,
Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment