Friday, December 9, 2011

Let's Get Started

Sorry for the lack of posts in the last couple weeks, I've been having some MAJOR technical difficulties.  So, let's hope it works this time!!


I know that this blog is brand new, but I have a feeling that you don't want to just read a bunch of welcome posts, so I figure I should just start posting like I've known every one of you my entire life.

Now, I do know that I have missed fashion month all together, but I still want to do a few posts on it. So here's a recap of my two favorite ready-to-wear shows (pictures courtesy of style.com).

Valentino was amazing.   Revealing yet sweet, showing some skin without going overboard, I was truly falling in love.  Plus, his craftsmanship and tailoring is just so darn perfect. 


I love the fact that this dress is a perfect play on everyone's favorite LBD.   The neckline is fairly conservative, but there is a deep V-neck because of the see-through material.  To me that’s the epitome of classy hotness. 


Red.  Lace.  Glory.  That is all.


And now, to continue, Alice and Olivia.  From the first time I saw their clothes, I’ve been inspired and this collection is no different.  Even though each garment finds a place in a different era, the 2012 Spring ready-to-wear collection was exremely cohesive.

 
This piece is one of my favorites.  It’s rare that you find a sheer piece that is one hundred percent wearable, and well, fun. 



Do I even need words to describe how absolutely adorable this dress is?  Okay, so it’s not the most original, but it’s a piece that is totally wearable and that can be styled in about a billion different ways, so it gets an A+ in my book. 



The bow blouse isn’t making me salivate, but it’s the skirt that really is captivating.  On first glance, the varied shades of grey look almost dirty, but upon closer inspection we find that it’s actually an incredible layering job and a captivating fabric. 



This dress would be perfect for a girls’ night out, sparkly and fun, but not too in your face.  I also love the juxtaposition of the flirty dress with the more masculine blazer.

Overall, both collections had so many great pieces (most of which didn’t even make this post).  Fashion truly is an art, and both of these lines have proven that to be true.

Until next time,
Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment