Hi! I'm back. I know, it's ridiculous how long I've been out of action. But now summer's coming and my schedule is freeing up big time, so I'm ready to start being faithful to this blog again. So, to jump right into it, did I mention summer's coming? Now that it's Memorial Day, I can officially embrace the summer atmosphere, though I'm not sure I ever fully embraced the spring one. Somehow the weather has transitioned from rain and gloom to hot and sunny without giving me a chance with my light spring sweaters and long skirts. To be honest, I have mixed feelings. These last few months have been such a blur, I feel like I've missed one of the prettiest seasons and now have to cope with the sweaty, sticky days of summer. Still, I can't change the time of year (or the temperature), so I'll have to make do. And really, what's so bad about a little sunshine? To help all of you get in the summer spirit, here's some of the things I love (and hate) about the upcoming months.
- LOVE: Swimming outdoors again
- HATE: Such swimming requires sunscreen, which has a bad habit of getting on my clothes
- LOVE: The beach is a reasonable temperature
- HATE: I never get a chance to go to the beach
- LOVE: I can go biking outside (experienced this morning) without freezing my butt off
- HATE: I can't reward myself for said biking with a snow-cone because I have to get into bikini shape
- LOVE: Shopping for new summer clothes
- HATE: Those clothes include bikinis, which remind me I am most definitely not in aforementioned shape
- LOVE: It's not too cold for ice cream
- HATE: THOSE DAMN BIKINIS!!!!!
- LOVE: More time with friends
- HATE: More time being bored with nothing to do, a phenomenon I'm not used to
- LOVE: Attempting to get tan
- HATE: I don't tan
- LOVE: Spending time outside
- HATE: Getting sunburnt in the process
Of course, there are plenty more feelings I have for summer, but these are the prevailing ones. At least there are pros to outweigh the cons.