Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Television Gems (Part One)

So everyone loves television. Well, at least a good majority.  Now, a problem I have is there are just too many shows, so which ones to watch?  Well, my friends may watch this, and this got a good review, and oh, I like that actress, I should DVR that one.  Right?  Well, here is my opinion.  It is important to watch popular shows so that you can use it to INTERACT with people, but if you don't have a show (or two) that is a guilty pleasure, than it is time you got one.  So, without further ado, here are my tried and true favorites for this season (and they'll make sense if you just tune in now, with only a couple of re-runs needed to understand the shows basics). *Note: this post is a two part series*

THE BACHELOR

Call me cheesy.  Tell me it's fake and they just want to be on TV.  The truth is that I don't care.  For some people this show may be hopelessly romantic (and yes, even I get swept up into the cuteness), but it's also hilarious.  Some of the things that come out of people's mouth.... I swear, THIS is my guilty pleasure.  Because when you put a bunch of pretty (but catty) girls in one house and have them compete for a guy, it's like watching high school students gossip.  And trust me, THAT is comedy.

Oh, and about the video.  Wait and watch, the drama begins!

NEW GIRL

And on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Fox's New Girl will make you laugh until you (almost) pee your pants.  Zooey Deschanel is perfectly quirky and her roommates are just as hilarious.  From the player/feminine Schmidt to the gruff but lovable Nick, the cast balances each other well.  Plus, the theme song is adorable.

Who's that girl? It's JESS!

So that's the first installment of my TV guide, with the next one coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment