Friday, November 23, 2012

Has it Really Been a Whole Year?

It seems like just yesterday I was typing up posts about getting into the holiday spirit and exactly which gifts to buy.  And yet here I am once again poised to begin giving tips on preparing for Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza, etc. I mean, Thanksgiving has already come and gone!  Speaking of Turkey day, my Thanksgiving yesterday was wonderful (and I hope yours was too).  I baked apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate pecan pie as well as several types of biscuits that turned out absolutely perfect.  For some reason, cooking/baking always calms me down and now that Thanksgiving is done, I think it's time to get into the holiday frame of mind.  Here is some inspiration to have you longing for December.

Adorable holiday gifts (including the most amazing Grinch mug) from the ever wonderful Paper Source.

Some delicious looking Holiday Butterfinger truffles from Epicurious.  

I don't care what you say, I love this song, it makes me happy, he is hot. And for all you loners who don't know who this is, the name is Bieber. Justin Bieber. Mistletoe by Justin Bieber.

And of course there are Christmas lights.  For some reason the colorful glow that is every neighborhood at Christmas time always makes me warm inside.  It reminds me of when I was a kid and I would drive with my parents down this one street in my town that always had the craziest displays.  I would be drinking hot chocolate and drawing patterns on the frosted windows of our car while Christmas carols played over the radio.  These are some of my favorite memories and whenever I see holiday lights they take me back to those wonderful days.  How about you? Any wonderful holiday memories to share?

I will finish this post with hot chocolate, because it is delicious and possibly the best holiday drink EVER! Try it with peppermint, it's pretty darn good. 

Kisses,
Anonymous



No comments:

Post a Comment