Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Big Bear Lake, California

Hi everyone!!!  So sorry for the long silence, I went on yet another California vacation (this time a road trip), and had no time to post.  I completely apologize for the lack of notice. Anyway, there is so much to talk about, I don't know where to start.  But, I thought I'd begin with the first vacation that I told you about once upon a time, Big Bear Lake, California.
This picture I snapped on the way back down the mountain.  If you look at the top you can just see the snow peeking out at you.  It was a great trip and we (my family and I that is) got the chance to go both snow-tubing and skiing.  sometime this year we are also planning to go to a different mountain and learn how to snowboard.  That should be interesting.:)

Now we're getting closer to the snow.  The scenery up there was absolutely spectacular and the town itself was cute and lively.  It had the perfect small town charm that is so rare these days, but honestly, the restaurants were some of the best.  I know that may sound hard to believe, but there was one in particular, Cowboy Express, that had one of the best steaks I have ever tasted. (If the name makes you think of a fast-food place, trust me, it's not. In fact, I would get there early or make a reservation, because that place gets completely packed) 
I took this picture while driving by the lake.  Did you know that people used to put on ice skates and have a snow-mobile drag them across the ice?  Not anymore, of course.  Actually, it's illegal to go on the lake ice because it's so thin!!  Imagine how many people fell in back then. 
Well, that's about all.  I took a ton of other photos, of course, but these ones really capture the serene nature of the mountain.  It was my first time going to Big Bear, and I think that it was an experience I'd like to have again.
Till Next Time,
Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment